ADL: 'I haven't called anyone!' – USA DAILY NEWS

ADL: 'I haven't called anyone!'

news image

Napoli patron Aurelio De Laurentiis has rejected rumours that he is about to replace Carlo Ancelotti. “I haven’t called anyone.”

Valter De Maggio, the presenter of Radio Kiss Kiss – Napoli’s official radio station – relayed to his listeners what De Laurentiis had told him when he asked the President about the club’s coaching situation.

Only last night, it was claimed Gennaro Gattuso had already been lined up to take over from Ancelotti.

“I haven’t called anyone. With [Max] Allegri we have been talking for a long time and we have a good relationship.

“In 2013 I called him to become our coach, but he was under contract at Milan.

“He told me that he would come to Napoli later, but by that stage I had already given my word to [Rafa] Benitez and my word is worth more than a contract.”

Carletto’s job is thought to be on the line after a string of poor performances, and rumours persist that he will be dismissed after the Champions League game against Genk next week.

Before then, the Partenopei face Udinese at Dacia Arena on Saturday.

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *